SPRING CREEK WATERSHED COMMISSION
July 15, 2009
1) CALL TO ORDER - The Chairman will lead the Pledge of Allegiance
2) ROLL CALL OF PRESENT MUNICIPALITIES & INTRODUCTIONS
3) APPROVAL OF MINUTES - Move to approve the minutes (notes) of the June 17, 2009 meeting
4) CITIZEN COMMENTS - The public is invited to comment on items not on the agenda (five minutes per person time limit, please). Comments relating to agenda should be deferred until that point in the meeting.
5) SPRING CREEK WATERSHED COMMISSION BUSINESS
A) Continued discussion of SCWC public materials, i.e. Newsletter, brochure, etc.
-Update from Mary Shoemaker, Amy Story
-Consideration of printed & electronic material
-Construction of SCWC list-serve to consider:
-Purpose & function of list?
-Use & distribution of list?
-Criteria for addition to list?
1) The Spring Creek Watershed Sustainability Initiative - Bob Eberhart, Barb Fisher, Bill MacMath, Paul Bartley, Bob Donaldson
2) Status of model ordinance for "Well Drilling Standards"
C) Continued discussion regarding name change of Spring Creek Watershed Community?
Terms NOT to consider in a new name for "Community":
A) Challenges & opportunities for Sustainability Initiative
1) Update of County Act 167 Stormwater Management Plan
2) Investigation of creation of Stormwater Authority in SCWS
B) Airing times for the July 15 Spring Creek Watershed Commission meeting:
Sunday, July 19 @ 12 Noon
Tuesday, July 21 @ 8:00 pm
Wednesday, July 22 @ 7:00 pm
Thursday, July 23 @ 9:00 am
Friday, July 24 @ 2:00 pm
A) Approval of vouchers
B) "Once Around the Watershed"
C) Watershed Activities
D) Matter of Record - The following are remaining meeting dates for 2009:
August 19, September 16, October 21, November 18, and December 16.
(Note: The Chair proposes to cancel August meeting due to vacation)